This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: GNU C Library release 2.21 scheduled for January 30th 2015.
- From: Adhemerval Zanella <azanella at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- To: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 16:10:31 -0200
- Subject: Re: GNU C Library release 2.21 scheduled for January 30th 2015.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <54919EB5 dot 5030209 at redhat dot com>
On 17-12-2014 13:18, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> I'm volunteering to be the release manager for glibc 2.21.
> The release is planned to go out January 30th 2015.
> I would like to see a freeze no later than January 9th.
> This gives us 3 weeks of testing.
> The testing can be as short as 1 day if all the arches
> come back quickly and without problems.
> Time to polish your patches and get them into 2.21.
> If you have any objections, please speak up now.
I will update the 2.21 wiki page , but to summarize I would like
* The new fmemopen (which is still pending revision from 2.20)
* x86 32 bit vDSO time function support
* powerpc TLE (which I will post soon)
I don't think I will have time to refocus the work on the bz12683
fix , it will require some work form the ports. I will postpone
it to 2.22.