This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Time zone data
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2014 15:32:38 +0000
- Subject: Re: Time zone data
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <54901218 dot 90401 at redhat dot com>
On Tue, 16 Dec 2014, Florian Weimer wrote:
> We seem to have quite a few of time zone descriptions in timezone/, but they
> have not been updated since 2009 or so. I suppose these days, everyone uses
> tzdata for system time zone data.
> Why do we keep these files? Are they used in test cases?
Yes, this data serves as test inputs only. It's not been installed by
Author: Ulrich Drepper <email@example.com>
Date: Wed Mar 7 04:48:47 2012 -0500
Don't install timezone rule files
Joseph S. Myers