This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH][BZ 17251] Calculate RPATH $ORIGIN from absolute path
- From: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- To: bpshacklett at gmail dot com
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2014 11:44:38 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][BZ 17251] Calculate RPATH $ORIGIN from absolute path
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1407860209-21797-1-git-send-email-bpshacklett at gmail dot com>
On 08/12/2014 06:16 PM, Brennan Shacklett wrote:
I used the implementation of dl_realpath from sysdeps/tile/dl-runtime.c as the
generic implementation, and extended it with lstat and readlink in the linux
version. This means the bug is still present on other systems than linux (the
generic implementation only returns an absolute path, it doesn't do anything
with symlinks), but if there is a way to get the generic version to follow
symlinks on all systems please let me know.
You use PATH_MAX in the generic code which is, I believe, not available
I'm also not sure if the current behavior is buggy. Maybe it does not
compose well, but in some scenarios, it is exactly what is needed.
Applying this patch could break existing programs.
Florian Weimer / Red Hat Product Security