This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] intl: Merge with gettext version 0.19.3
- From: Chris Metcalf <cmetcalf at ezchip dot com>
- To: Will Newton <will dot newton at linaro dot org>, <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Cc: <bug-gettext at gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 11:37:29 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] intl: Merge with gettext version 0.19.3
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1418224536-12899-1-git-send-email-will dot newton at linaro dot org>
On 12/10/2014 10:15 AM, Will Newton wrote:
This patch merges the latest release of gettext into the intl
subdirectory. The initial motivation was to include the plural.y
changes which enable building with bison 3.0, but the majority
of the other changes are merely cosmetic so it seemed like merging
the whole directory was simpler than trying to take it piecemeal.
This appears to break setups like RHEL 6 where we still use bison 2.4.1:
/usr/bin/bison --yacc --name-prefix=__gettext --output plural.c plural.y
plural.y:46.18-21: syntax error, unexpected identifier
We don't seem to document or test for any particular version of bison, though I
see the shipped plural.c file is still from bison 2.7.
It would be nice if this actually continued to work with the older bison.
I just changed that line to "%define api.pure", which works, with some -Wundef's,
but honestly I have no idea what I'm doing. :-) Equivalently I can just touch
the shipped plural.c to avoid running bison; again we do get -Wundef's, though.
Chris Metcalf, EZChip Semiconductor