This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Fix pthreads getrlimit, gettimeofday namespace (bug 17682)
- From: OndÅej BÃlka <neleai at seznam dot cz>
- To: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2014 00:25:37 +0100
- Subject: Re: Fix pthreads getrlimit, gettimeofday namespace (bug 17682)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1412051730120 dot 4077 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk>
On Fri, Dec 05, 2014 at 05:30:43PM +0000, Joseph Myers wrote:
> Some pthreads functions use getrlimit and gettimeofday, but these
> functions are XSI, not base POSIX; this is a namespace issue for
> dynamic linking as well as static linking. This patch makes them use
> __getrlimit and __gettimeofday instead - the former needed to be newly
> exported from libc.so at GLIBC_PRIVATE (and so now needs
> libc_hidden_proto / libc_hidden_def), the latter was already exported.
> Tested for x86_64 (testsuite, and that disassembly of installed shared
> libraries is unchanged by the patch).