This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[PING][PATCH][SPARC] supporting more than 2g in niagara4 memcpy and memset
- From: OndÅej BÃlka <neleai at seznam dot cz>
- To: "Jose E. Marchesi" <jose dot marchesi at oracle dot com>
- Cc: David Miller <davem at davemloft dot net>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2014 17:47:10 +0100
- Subject: [PING][PATCH][SPARC] supporting more than 2g in niagara4 memcpy and memset
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <8761ellth2 dot fsf at oracle dot com> <20141111 dot 181731 dot 175723761716682896 dot davem at davemloft dot net> <87wq70svng dot fsf at oracle dot com>
David, could you say if this fix is ok?
On Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 08:52:35AM +0100, Jose E. Marchesi wrote:
> Hi David.
> Becuase you didn't tag the sparc32/sparcv9/multiarch/foo-niagara4.S
> files with the proper defines, 32-bit sparcv9 multiarch builds will
> use %xcc and BPR too, which we absolutely do not want.
> Oops, I missed that.
> In the future if I don't see it mentioned that you tested 32-bit
> targets, I'm going to ask you to resubmit after you have doen so.
> I've made the same polite request with your sparc binutils submissions
> so it is very disappointing to see you fall into the same bad habit
> with your GLIBC work.
> Since I got your request I am testing everything in sparc-*-linux-*
> targets as well as sparc64-*-linux-*... but for this patch, which was
> written long ago. Sorry about that :(