This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: S/390: Get rid of assembler warning value truncated.
- From: Stefan Liebler <stli at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- To: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2014 15:40:04 +0100
- Subject: Re: S/390: Get rid of assembler warning value truncated.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <m4l4v0$d87$1 at ger dot gmane dot org> <mvmfvddx1pm dot fsf at hawking dot suse dot de> <m4nmhg$r6k$1 at ger dot gmane dot org>
On 11/21/2014 04:42 PM, Stefan Liebler wrote:
On 11/20/2014 05:43 PM, Andreas Schwab wrote:> Stefan Liebler
> This is only equivalent if _dl_start - 1b is always negative.
Yes you are right. Thanks.
The function elf_machine_load_address (void) is inlined in _dl_start,
thus (_dl_start - 1b) is negative. If it wouldnÂt be inlined and would
be located after elf_machine_load_address, this is not correct.
But truncating the expression (in this case: 0xffffffff7fffffea) by
anding it with 0x00000000ffffffff, the resulting value isnÂt changed
regardless of (_dl_start - 1b) is positive or negative, but the
assembler does not warn about truncating the value.
2014-11-21 Stefan Liebler <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Truncating assembler expression to a .long expression.