This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Don't use __warn_memset_zero_len for gcc-5.0 or newer
- From: OndÅej BÃlka <neleai at seznam dot cz>
- To: Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh at redhat dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org, carlos at redhat dot com, jakub at redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2014 15:14:09 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Don't use __warn_memset_zero_len for gcc-5.0 or newer
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20141125130137 dot GN12197 at spoyarek dot pnq dot redhat dot com>
On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 06:31:37PM +0530, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:
> gcc now warns when the arguments to memset may have been accidentally
> transposed (i.e. length set to zero instead of the byte), so we don't
> need that bit of the code in glibc headers anymore.
> Tested on x86_64. Coe generated by gcc 4.8 is identical with or
> without the patch. I also tested gcc master, which does not result in
> any new failures. It does fail quite a few FORTIFY_SOURCE tests, but
> those failures are not due to this patch. I'll look at them deeper.
> OK to commit this?