This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: FYI: Fix for gcc PR36312 breaks glibc builds over usage of /dev/null as input and output file.
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: Markus Trippelsdorf <markus at trippelsdorf dot de>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 14:29:24 -0500
- Subject: Re: FYI: Fix for gcc PR36312 breaks glibc builds over usage of /dev/null as input and output file.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <546CACE4 dot 50207 at redhat dot com> <20141119183546 dot GI344 at x4>
On 11/19/2014 01:35 PM, Markus Trippelsdorf wrote:
> On 2014.11.19 at 09:44 -0500, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
>> The fix for gcc PR36312 breaks glibc builds.
>> The fix disallows this common configure idiom:
>> configure:72: checking for AVX support
>> configure:78: /home/triegel/local/gcc/bin/gcc -mavx -xc /dev/null -S -o /dev/null
>> gcc: fatal error: input file '/dev/null' is the same as output file
>> compilation terminated.
>> configure:81: $? = 1
>> configure:89: result: no
>> PR is reopened with a request to fix.
>> Alternatively we could discuss changing glibc, but I think
>> this will impact more than just glibc.
> No need to change anything. The bug is already fixed:
Indeed! Thanks Jakub and Manuel for the quick fix.
The kernel builds hit this before we did, so the
fix was in progress.