This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: new gconv module
- From: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- To: Akihiro TSUKADA <tskd08 at gmail dot com>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 12:03:58 +0100
- Subject: Re: new gconv module
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5447A008 dot 7080104 at gmail dot com>
On 10/22/2014 02:16 PM, Akihiro TSUKADA wrote:
> I have a question about contribution to the iconv modules.
> I wrote new gconv modules for the character encodings
> which are used only in digital television systems,
> and I'd like to contribute them if it is possible.
> Is it possible to contribute such application-domain specific
> (not general) gconv modules?
It depends. Is it a multi-byte encoding?
Personally, I'm reluctant to accept new gconv modules, especially for
such obscure encodings, because they are network-accessible by default
through several popular applications, and bugs in them affect *all*
glibc users (not those who regularly process files using these encodings).
Florian Weimer / Red Hat Product Security