This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: RFCv2: Add tests for namespace for static linking
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 22:48:51 +0000
- Subject: Re: RFCv2: Add tests for namespace for static linking
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1411080147420 dot 16602 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1411121803510 dot 23958 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <20141112222027 dot 216B32C3B36 at topped-with-meat dot com>
On Wed, 12 Nov 2014, Roland McGrath wrote:
> I haven't tried to understand the implementation and only roughly
> understand the method of operation. But I think it's great to get
> testing for this issue, and to the extent I understand the method
> it seems sensible.
I've now committed the patch. If anyone wishes to fix bugs in this area,
just pick one of the XFAILs for the new linknamespace tests, look at the
.out file, file a bug in Bugzilla and fix it (which will probably result
in removing several XFAILs, not just one) - or test on an architecture
other than x86_64 and fix any failures not marked XFAIL (it's quite likely
there are some such architecture-specific bugs, like the x86_64 rawmemchr
one I fixed).
Joseph S. Myers