This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH][AARCH64]End frame record chain correctly
- From: Marcus Shawcroft <marcus dot shawcroft at gmail dot com>
- To: Renlin Li <renlin dot li at arm dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2014 10:53:28 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][AARCH64]End frame record chain correctly
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <54539D07 dot 7070107 at arm dot com>
On 31 October 2014 14:30, Renlin Li <email@example.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> This is a simple patch to make the end of frame record chain correctly
> according to AArch64 AAPCS.
> Currently, the FP(x29) is overwritten by SP in the very beginning of _start.
> aarch64-none-linux-gnueabi target has been tested on the model. No new
Surely aarch64-none-linux-gnu ;-)
The bugzilla # for this is 17555:
> 2014-10-31 Renlin Li <Renlin.Li@arm.com>
> * sysdeps/aarch64/start.S: Delete x29 overwritten assignment.
Don't forget the () part of the ChangeLog entry. Add a reference to
the bugzilla ticket:
* sysdeps/aarch64/start.S (_start): Delete x29 overwritten assignment.
Please also add 17555 to the 2.21 section of the NEWS file.
Can you back port this to 2.20 and 2.19 please.