This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Update autoconf version requirement in install.texi
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- To: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 19:06:29 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: Update autoconf version requirement in install.texi
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1410312150030 dot 25282 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <20141031215422 dot 935332C3ACA at topped-with-meat dot com> <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1410312244370 dot 25282 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk>
> (With the aclocal.m4 change two years ago to require an exact autoconf
> version, and then with the more recent increase of that version, that is.)
Phew, so it was your fault before it was mine! Such a relief.
(We won't discuss how much entirely and completely my fault the
entire set of concepts leading to GLIBC_PROVIDES is.)
> > aclocal.m4 reminding one to update install.texi to match. (Or feel free to
> > get crazy with a generated file of Texinfo macros!)
> I've committed this patch.
> 2014-10-31 Joseph Myers <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * aclocal.m4 (GLIBC_AUTOCONF_VERSION): Mention need to update
> install.texi in comment.
OK, fine, be that way. I've clearly failed to pass on to the community the
penchant for ludicrous over-scripting auto-generation mania that was the
hallmark of my authorship, so I'll have to stick around a few more years
and keep wearing you down.