This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH 01/29] [AARCH64] Fix utmp struct for compatibility reasons.
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Andrew Pinski <apinski at cavium dot com>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 17:57:03 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 01/29] [AARCH64] Fix utmp struct for compatibility reasons.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1414396793-9005-1-git-send-email-apinski at cavium dot com> <1414396793-9005-2-git-send-email-apinski at cavium dot com>
On Mon, 27 Oct 2014, Andrew Pinski wrote:
> NOTE This is an ABI change for AARCH64.
Shouldn't that imply symbol version changes for affected functions (I'm
not sure how much compat functions at the old versions could do, given
there's a file format change involved here, but it still seems prudent to
avoid binaries expecting the new format running the libc built for the old
format), and warnings in NEWS?
Joseph S. Myers