Re: Ping Re: soft-fp: Support rsigned == 2 in _FP_TO_INT

On Tue, 30 Sep 2014, Carlos O'Donell wrote:

> On 09/30/2014 10:40 AM, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> > Ping.  This patch
> > <https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2014-09/msg00544.html> is pending
> > review.
>
> Who do we expect to review these patches? There is a considerable amount of
> work required to review soft-fp, and at present I find it hard to be motivated
> for anything but hard float.

Well, soft-fp is used in libgcc for x86/x86_64 for __float128 support, for
example, and in the Linux kernel on various architectures both for
emulation on soft-float processors and to handle traps to the kernel on
processors where some floating-point cases are handled in hardware but
various special cases trap to software - the feature this particular patch
adds is used in the kernel for Alpha (see
<https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2013-10/msg00347.html> regarding the
desire to resync the kernel with glibc soft-fp again).  (Some
architectures have their own floating-point emulation implementations in
the kernel for whatever reason, rather than using soft-fp.)

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com