This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Disable all lock elision unless --enable-lock-elision=yes
- From: Andi Kleen <andi at firstfloor dot org>
- To: Carlos O'Donell <carlos at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Andi Kleen <andi at firstfloor dot org>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh at redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 17:46:04 +0200
- Subject: Re: Disable all lock elision unless --enable-lock-elision=yes
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <54263FBC dot 5050200 at redhat dot com> <20140927181001 dot GJ2905 at two dot firstfloor dot org> <5429673B dot 5090203 at redhat dot com>
> Thanks. I'll get that checked in shortly. I just wanted to make
> sure that we weren't doing it for any other reason.
> I'll adjust the wording of the configure switch to indicate it
> is for all elision usage in the library.
BTW I doubt it's really needed for the systemd problems,
as systemd afaik doesn't use rwlocks.