This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH 3/7] nptl: Fix testcases for new pthread cancellation, mechanism
- From: Adhemerval Zanella <azanella at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- To: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2014 13:17:43 -0300
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 3/7] nptl: Fix testcases for new pthread cancellation, mechanism
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5425BDDA dot 5080807 at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com> <5425C337 dot 3010400 at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com> <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1409261955130 dot 28540 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk>
On 26-09-2014 16:56, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Sep 2014, Adhemerval Zanella wrote:
>> This patches fixes the NPTL testcase that assumes the old behavior and
>> also remove the tst-cancel-wrappers.sh test (which checks for symbols
>> that does not exist anymore).
> I don't think there's any clear answer to how it's now tested that all
> these functions are cancellable (e.g. a list of tests in the testsuite,
> for every function that was covered by that test, that test that
> For example, where is this tested for pread64?
Indeed, it will require a similar test (although I see tst-cancel-wrapper.sh
does not really exercise the code itself). I think add more test like the
ones in tst-cancel4 would be better to check for pread64 and similar functions.