This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix prototype for eventfd
- From: OndÅej BÃlka <neleai at seznam dot cz>
- To: Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo dot org>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org, allan at archlinux dot org, Rasmus Villemoes <rv at rasmusvillemoes dot dk>
- Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2014 14:07:52 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix prototype for eventfd
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <8761lraz3r dot fsf at rasmusvillemoes dot dk> <10210061 dot 6Xc8cgCOAz at vapier> <87y4v5zryb dot fsf at rasmusvillemoes dot dk> <13544032 dot aFq8KcsVQV at vapier>
On Sun, Aug 03, 2014 at 09:41:51AM -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Sun 03 Aug 2014 14:19:08 Rasmus Villemoes wrote:
> > Mike Frysinger <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> > > On Wed 30 Apr 2014 12:30:32 Rasmus Villemoes wrote:
> > >> Both the man-page and the actual kernel source says that the first
> > >> argument to eventfd is unsigned int, not simply int.
> > >
> > > i guess this is still waiting to be merged ?
> > It seems that way, yes.
> let's check with Allan if we can merge before 2.20. otherwise it'll have to
> wait for 2.21.
> i think it's fine (and preferred) we merge for 2.20 since it's a user-visible
> API fix. and it's low risk.
I pushed this synced with sysdeps files movement.