This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [RFC] How to add vector math functions to Glibc
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Andrew Senkevich <andrew dot n dot senkevich at gmail dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 08:36:59 -0700
- Subject: Re: [RFC] How to add vector math functions to Glibc
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAMXFM3tjquzniXP1weqxSVFJyhXqsf2PHuyrrrmqp7K0ZzORqA at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 6:48 AM, Andrew Senkevich
> Hi all,
> due to latest OpenMP and CilkPlus features supported in GCC vectorized
> math functions can be utilized more widely. So we need to find general
> way how to add vectorized math functions to Glibc.
> Lets discuss the following questions which were raised after first
> patch x86_64 specific was sent.
What are the main target users of this extension? Is
it mainly for programmers to use it directly in their
applications, mostly independent of compilers? Or is it
mainly for GCC?