This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [RFC PATCH] aarch64: improve memset
- From: Will Newton <will dot newton at linaro dot org>
- To: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Richard Henderson <rth at twiddle dot net>, libc-alpha <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 17:25:04 -0700
- Subject: Re: [RFC PATCH] aarch64: improve memset
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <541208D9 dot 10808 at twiddle dot net> <54123B02 dot 5020202 at redhat dot com>
On 11 September 2014 17:14, Carlos O'Donell <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On 09/11/2014 04:40 PM, Richard Henderson wrote:
> From my perspective your patch looks fine. Given the lack of
> ARMv8 hardware I can test on I feel these optimization are
> a little bit like spinning our wheels. We move in the right
> direction though and that's good.
> Out of curiosity did bench/bench-memset show any improvements?
I agree, this looks good to me too but it would be useful to see what
performance changes were seen and if possible which hardware that was
Toolchain Working Group, Linaro