This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Improve performance of strcat
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: Wilco Dijkstra <wdijkstr at arm dot com>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 15:42:31 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Improve performance of strcat
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <000101cfb243$63a5b1b0$2af11510$ at com>
On 08/07/2014 09:27 AM, Wilco Dijkstra wrote:
> This patch improves strcat performance by using strlen and strcpy. Strlen has a fast C
> implementation, so this improves performance even on targets which don't have an optimized strlen
> and strcpy - it is 25% faster in bench-strcat. On targets which don't provide an optimized strcat
> but which do have an optimized strlen and strcpy, performance gain is > 2x.
What benchmarks did you use to test this performance gain?
Did you use glibc's microbenchmark?
What numbers did you get?