This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Bug 16713 - [s390x] Member "sa_flags" does not have the correct type
- From: Sergio Durigan Junior <sergiodj at redhat dot com>
- To: Rich Felker <dalias at libc dot org>
- Cc: Mark Wielaard <mjw at redhat dot com>, Stefan Liebler <stli at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 12:42:37 -0400
- Subject: Re: Bug 16713 - [s390x] Member "sa_flags" does not have the correct type
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1410305478 dot 27502 dot 10 dot camel at bordewijk dot wildebeest dot org> <87wq9cl2p9 dot fsf at redhat dot com> <20140910034935 dot GJ23797 at brightrain dot aerifal dot cx>
On Tuesday, September 09 2014, Rich Felker wrote:
> glibc needs to have a POSIX conforming public definition of struct
> sigaction. If there's any risk of the kernel interpreting the junk in
> the upper bits due to the kernel's incorrect definition of the
> structure, then glibc needs to make a copy to pass to the kernel, with
> the unused bits filled with zeros in the copy.
Thanks for the explanation. Then yeah, the "bridge struct" idea seems
like the best one.
GPG key ID: 0x65FC5E36
Please send encrypted e-mail if possible