This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[PATCH 1/N] x86_64 vectorization support: vectorized math functions addition to Glibc
- From: Andrew Senkevich <andrew dot n dot senkevich at gmail dot com>
- To: libc-alpha <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Cc: igor dot zamyatin at intel dot com, "Melik-Adamyan, Areg" <areg dot melik-adamyan at intel dot com>, jakub at redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 19:08:11 +0400
- Subject: [PATCH 1/N] x86_64 vectorization support: vectorized math functions addition to Glibc
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
this is the first patch in the series of patches which will add Intel
vectorized math functions to Glibc.
This is addition of only one function - cos vectorized with AVX2
instructions, vector length is 4.
We plan to add at first stage cos, sin, sincos, exp, log, pow.
Changes in math library testsuite at the moment in work and will be
Also changes in ABI document will be prepared.
Any comments are welcome!
2014-09-10 Andrew Senkevich <email@example.com>
* math/bits/mathcalls.h (__DECL_SIMD): New macro which helps to add
vector function declaration.
* sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/x86_64/64/libm.abilist: _ZGVdN4v_cos added.
* sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/x86_64/64/localplt.data: New file.
* sysdeps/x86_64/fpu/Makefile: New file, added new files to build.
* sysdeps/x86_64/fpu/Versions: New file, _ZGVdN4v_cos added.
* sysdeps/x86_64/fpu/svml_d_cos4_core.S (_ZGVdN4v_cos): New file.
* sysdeps/x86_64/fpu/svml_d_cos_data.S: New file with data array.