This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Bug 16713 - [s390x] Member "sa_flags" does not have the correct type
- From: Sergio Durigan Junior <sergiodj at redhat dot com>
- To: Mark Wielaard <mjw at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Stefan Liebler <stli at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2014 20:49:22 -0400
- Subject: Re: Bug 16713 - [s390x] Member "sa_flags" does not have the correct type
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1410305478 dot 27502 dot 10 dot camel at bordewijk dot wildebeest dot org>
On Tuesday, September 09 2014, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> Maybe glibc wants to pass the struct as intended by the kernel and needs
> to create a "bridge" struct that properly initializes the kernel's view
> of sa_flags?
BTW, as discussed with Mark, a similar approach is done in GDB already.
However, I think the question is: does glibc need to have both
declarations? IIUC, this difference was introduced because of POSIX
conformance, but if it does more harm than good...
Anyway, I'm really out of my scope here. Just my 0.0001 cent.
GPG key ID: 0x65FC5E36
Please send encrypted e-mail if possible