This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Move architecture-specific shlib-versions entries to sysdeps files
- From: Kaz Kojima <kkojima at rr dot iij4u dot or dot jp>
- To: joseph at codesourcery dot com
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 09:40:09 +0900 (JST)
- Subject: Re: Move architecture-specific shlib-versions entries to sysdeps files
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1409081745090 dot 6075 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk>
"Joseph S. Myers" <email@example.com> wrote:
> Tested on x86_64 that this does not change the installed shared
> libraries. (x86_64 of course does not provide much test coverage for
> this patch - what should be architecture-specific contents in
> shlib-versions for x86_64 is currently abi-*-ld-soname Makefile
> settings, until gnu/lib-names.h is generated more like gnu/stubs.h so
> those can move back to shlib-versions - so it would be useful for
> architecture maintainers for at least one affected architecture to
> confirm it does not change installed shared libraries there.)
> 2014-09-08 Joseph Myers <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * nptl/shlib-versions: Remove architecture-specific entries.
> Moved to files in sysdeps.
> * shlib-versions: Likewise.
> * sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/powerpc/powerpc64/shlib-versions: New
> * sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/s390/s390-64/shlib-versions: Likewise.
> * sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/sh/shlib-versions: Likewise.
> * sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/sparc/sparc32/shlib-versions: Likewise.
> * sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/sparc/sparc64/shlib-versions: Likewise.
I've tested it on sh4. Looks fine on SH.