This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: In debug/tst-chk1 we purposely test gets and getwd?
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- To: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- Cc: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2014 14:19:33 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: In debug/tst-chk1 we purposely test gets and getwd?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <540D0803 dot 5030502 at redhat dot com> <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1409081524340 dot 6075 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <540DCD2E dot 7060107 at redhat dot com>
4.4 supports '#pragma GCC diagnostic ignored "..."', but only at top level,
and it does not support '#pragma GCC push'. Even a file-wide pragma seems
preferable to using command-line options (and we should clean up existing
cases of 'CFLAGS-foo.c = -Wno-...'). But perhaps before we get to this,
we'll decide to bump the minimum compiler up to 4.6, and then we could use
tight push/pop regions to disable around just the one line, which is better.