This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Implement C11 annex K?
- From: "David A. Wheeler" <dwheeler at dwheeler dot com>
- To: "libc-alpha" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2014 16:51:58 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Implement C11 annex K?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Reply-to: dwheeler at dwheeler dot com
I may have someone who'd be willing to develop and submit at least a portion of ISO C11 annex K. The glibc front page says that glibc "follows all relevant standards including ISO C11 and POSIX.1-2008". Should I presume that such a submission would be considered, and accepted if high enough quality? Or would annex K (strcpy_s and friends) be automatically rejected, even though it's in the standard? If implementing the standard would be automatically rejected, then I don't want to waste this person's time.
I think annex K *should* be supported by glibc.
--- David A. Wheeler