Re: For review: mtrace(1) man page

Hi, Mike

On 08/02/2014 06:57 PM, Mike Frysinger wrote:
On Fri 18 Jul 2014 11:01:02 Jan Chaloupka wrote:
mtrace(1) command is not documented. All informations come from the script.

Feel free to comment or ask any question.
it doesn't feel right for truly glibc-specific tools to have their man pages
hosted in the Linux man-pages project, especially when you consider
functionality/flags/etc... skew across glibc versions trying to be tracked in
an unrelated git repo.

First thing I do, when I need help, is to look into man page. Why? it is fast.

the GNU standard doesn't say that we can't include them in GNU projects, just
that they should be secondary to info pages.  so i think things like mtrace(1)
are better in glibc itself.

I have nothing againts putting it into glibc itself as well.

how else do people feel in this regard ?
-mike

Jan