This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[PING][PATCH] stdlib/tst-strtod-overflow: Bump timeout up yet more
- From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at codesourcery dot com>
- To: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 10:19:32 +0100
- Subject: [PING][PATCH] stdlib/tst-strtod-overflow: Bump timeout up yet more
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <alpine dot DEB dot 1 dot 10 dot 1406230137220 dot 25395 at tp dot orcam dot me dot uk>
On Mon, 23 Jun 2014, Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:
> In our routine testing I observed that stdlib/tst-strtod-overflow is very
> slow, especially on targets using soft-float or QEMU (where soft-float is
> used internally), enough to time out even on slow boards we have that have
> TIMEOUTFACTOR already bumped from the default of 1 up to 75.
> No other test case requires such a long timeout -- all the other
> succeeding cases fit within their timeouts scaled by TIMEOUTFACTOR on
> these boards. As such I think it's counter-productive to require
> TIMEOUTFACTOR to be set as high as 450 globally for this lone outlier as
> the value affects overall testing duration where there are test cases that
> genuinely time out due to a defect. Therefore I propose the following
> change that makes stdlib/tst-strtod-overflow pass on these slow boards
> with TIMEOUTFACTOR of 75.