This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[PATCH 6/6] aarch64: Add hp-timing.h
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at twiddle dot net>
- To: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Cc: azanella at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com, davem at davemloft dot net, marcus dot shawcroft at arm dot com
- Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 15:24:46 -0700
- Subject: [PATCH 6/6] aarch64: Add hp-timing.h
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1403735086-21797-1-git-send-email-rth at twiddle dot net>
* sysdeps/aarch64/hp-timing.h: New file.
sysdeps/aarch64/hp-timing.h | 38 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
1 file changed, 38 insertions(+)
create mode 100644 sysdeps/aarch64/hp-timing.h
diff --git a/sysdeps/aarch64/hp-timing.h b/sysdeps/aarch64/hp-timing.h
new file mode 100644
@@ -0,0 +1,38 @@
+/* High precision, low overhead timing functions. AArch64 version.
+ Copyright (C) 2014 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
+ This file is part of the GNU C Library.
+ Contributed by Ulrich Drepper <email@example.com>, 1998.
+ The GNU C Library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
+ modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public
+ License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either
+ version 2.1 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
+ The GNU C Library is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
+ but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
+ MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU
+ Lesser General Public License for more details.
+ You should have received a copy of the GNU Lesser General Public
+ License along with the GNU C Library; if not, see
+ <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>. */
+#define _HP_TIMING_H 1
+/* We always assume having the cycle counter register. */
+#define HP_TIMING_AVAIL (1)
+/* We indeed have inlined functions. */
+#define HP_TIMING_INLINE (1)
+/* We use 64bit values for the times. */
+typedef unsigned long long int hp_timing_t;
+/* Sync the instruction stream, and read from the virtual cycle counter. */
+#define HP_TIMING_NOW(Var) \
+ __asm__ __volatile__ ("isb; mrs %0, cntvct_el0" : "=r" (Var))
+#endif /* hp-timing.h */