This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH roland/nptl] Clean up NPTL fork to be compat-only.
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- To: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: "GNU C. Library" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2014 18:31:05 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH roland/nptl] Clean up NPTL fork to be compat-only.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140623232544 dot 34E462C39BA at topped-with-meat dot com> <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1406232330010 dot 28255 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk>
> On Mon, 23 Jun 2014, Roland McGrath wrote:
> > +/* libpthread once had its own fork, though there was no apparent reason
> > + for it. There is no use in having a separate symbol in libpthread, but
> > + the historical ABI requires it. For static linking, there is no need to
> > + provide anything here--the libc version will be linked in. For shared
> > + library ABI compatibility, there must be __vfork and vfork symbols in
> __fork and fork not __vfork and vfork?
Oops! Yes. Fixed on the branch.