This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: conformtest failures on i386
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh at redhat dot com>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2014 11:02:26 +0000
- Subject: Re: conformtest failures on i386
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140624074749 dot GG4477 at spoyarek dot pnq dot redhat dot com> <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1406241036250 dot 8398 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <20140624105051 dot GM4477 at spoyarek dot pnq dot redhat dot com>
On Tue, 24 Jun 2014, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 10:37:58AM +0000, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> > On Tue, 24 Jun 2014, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > The conformtest run on i386 builds have 40 FAILs in addition to the
> > > 120 XFAILS. Are these known are do those need to be fixed?
> > You don't say what any of the actual errors shown in the logs for the
> > individual tests are. The presumption is that any such failure should be
> > fixed, as indicating an architecture-specific header bug (unless it
> > indicates a problem with the testcase, or that the internal include/
> > headers are missing an _ISOMAC conditional).
> I hadn't looked at the actual causes of failures because the failures
> themselves were not relevant to the code I was testing. I'll look
> through the failures and file bugs wherever applicable.
The few I just looked at were:
Namespace violation: "d"
which may be coming from bits/pthreadtypes.h.
Joseph S. Myers