This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH v2][BZ #17075] ARM: Fix immediate calculation of R_ARM_TLS_DESC
- From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Rich Felker <dalias at libc dot org>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 19:19:59 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v2][BZ #17075] ARM: Fix immediate calculation of R_ARM_TLS_DESC
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <alpine dot DEB dot 1 dot 10 dot 1406201803130 dot 25395 at tp dot orcam dot me dot uk> <20140620174014 dot GZ179 at brightrain dot aerifal dot cx>
On Fri, 20 Jun 2014, Rich Felker wrote:
> Is this logic correct in general, i.e. is the immediate addend always
> (semantically) zero for symbolic relocations? Or is it legal to have a
> symbolic relocation with an offset, e.g. if a module accesses x;
> in __thread int x; but no other elements and the compiler wants to
> generate a relocation referencing x without the need for applying
> an additional offset to the address of x at runtime as part of the
> referencing code?
This relocation has no addend, please refer to the specification,
attached to the bug report.