This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH 6/9][v2] Alpha - Remove alpha lowlevellock.h
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at twiddle dot net>
- To: Bernard Ogden <bernie dot ogden at linaro dot org>, "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2014 11:50:41 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 6/9][v2] Alpha - Remove alpha lowlevellock.h
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <41DCC830-45D9-462C-91DE-13AE4D648139 at linaro dot org> <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1406092035340 dot 4133 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <AA226F36-E351-4F7A-BA90-9009034CAA2A at linaro dot org>
On 06/10/2014 09:15 AM, Bernard Ogden wrote:
> Great. Here's a patch to remove it instead.
> I forgot to mention the changes this causes for alpha -
> lll_futex_timed_wait_bitset now mainpulates its return value
> through the usual macros - as callers do more than just compare
> return value to 0, it may have been a bug that it was not doing
> so before.
Yes, it looks like it. It would have been returning a positive errno before,
as opposed to -errno that others return.
> lll_futex_timed_wait_requeue_pi now calls INTERNAL_SYSCALL_ERROR_P
> on the return value. This function only has one caller, and that
> caller just compares return value to 0, so the behaviour is
> * sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/alpha/lowlevellock.h: Remove file.