This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH roland/tls-init] Start cleaning up TLS initial value for pthread_create.
- From: Rich Felker <dalias at libc dot org>
- To: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- Cc: "GNU C. Library" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2014 19:26:57 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH roland/tls-init] Start cleaning up TLS initial value for pthread_create.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140606225811 dot 36E5F2C39EF at topped-with-meat dot com>
On Fri, Jun 06, 2014 at 03:58:11PM -0700, Roland McGrath wrote:
> This replaces the TLS_VALUE macro in createthread.c with a new macro
> TLS_DEFINE_INIT_TP, defined in tls.h. This consolidates the knowledge
> of machine-specific TLS details into tls.h where it belongs. It also
> gets rid of the need for any per-machine createthread.c files.
> Verified on x86_64-linux-gnu and i686-linux-gnu that there are no
> significant code changes in libpthread.so.
> If nobody objects, then I'll commit this on Monday and follow up with
> TLS_DEFINE_INIT_TP definitions for the other machines.
Very happy to see this kind of cleanup!