This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Converted benchmark to benchtest.
- From: Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh dot poyarekar at gmail dot com>
- To: OndÅej BÃlka <neleai at seznam dot cz>
- Cc: Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh at redhat dot com>, Torvald Riegel <triegel at redhat dot com>, "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>, Andi Kleen <andi at firstfloor dot org>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2014 18:36:10 +0530
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Converted benchmark to benchtest.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <53497694 dot 4040901 at redhat dot com> <20140412194007 dot GA1284 at domone dot podge> <1397402907 dot 10643 dot 19303 dot camel at triegel dot csb> <534B8B38 dot 8090402 at redhat dot com> <8761m9iekn dot fsf at tassilo dot jf dot intel dot com> <87mwfifiks dot fsf at tassilo dot jf dot intel dot com> <53603208 dot 8060205 at redhat dot com> <1399033983 dot 32485 dot 5900 dot camel at triegel dot csb> <20140503104831 dot GA16118 at domone dot podge> <20140605123701 dot GF9145 at spoyarek dot pnq dot redhat dot com> <20140605125710 dot GA9316 at domone dot podge>
On 5 June 2014 18:27, OndÅej BÃlka <email@example.com> wrote:
> Also Siddhesh, benchmarks are useless unless you use their result so
> what did you measured with your benchmark and what do you thing about
> Andi's patch.
I haven't looked at Andi's patch and I haven't done any comparative
testing; I merely proposed a test similar to your test in the standard
format to measure uncontended rdlock/wrlock+unlock performance because
such an example of framework usage is not present in the current
Torvald, I'm not very picky about the name if we find such a test
useful to include in the microbenchmark. I haven't actually looked at
the original problem statement yet to make any comments about that.