This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] locale.5: document glibc conventions regarding days and week
- From: Marko Myllynen <myllynen at redhat dot com>
- To: mtk dot manpages at gmail dot com
- Cc: Petr Baudis <pasky at ucw dot cz>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, linux-man <linux-man at vger dot kernel dot org>, libc-locales at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 18:15:24 +0300
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] locale.5: document glibc conventions regarding days and week
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5382D64A dot 9020404 at redhat dot com> <CAKgNAkivXL4KwJoL9ZzEoc91zMx2sonKh=8ZV22Waa8BrWf6bQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <5385F087 dot 2060602 at redhat dot com> <CAKgNAki4FD=2wJG+5bEqD7v7Q4ZD-2aOtRrQJEiBWKT2S2mMEA at mail dot gmail dot com> <5385F92F dot 5040301 at redhat dot com> <CAKgNAki=f8trD6a0DMV8SPJzQYFgSY1=5XsaVmVvvbDoFXX2QQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: myllynen at redhat dot com
On 2014-05-28 18:03, Michael Kerrisk (man-pages) wrote:
> On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 4:56 PM, Marko Myllynen <email@example.com> wrote:
>> On 2014-05-28 17:30, Michael Kerrisk (man-pages) wrote:
>>> On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 4:19 PM, Marko Myllynen <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>>>> On 2014-05-28 14:54, Michael Kerrisk (man-pages) wrote:
>>>>> Looking at this patch more closely, there's a piece that seems to be broken.
>>>>> That sentence is garbled. Some words are missing, I think. Can you clarify?
>>>> it was clumsy indeed, and also repetitive, I don't think it's needed at all
>>>> as the previous paragraph already explains the same thing.
>>>> Please see an updated and rebased patch below.
>>> Best just to tell me what needs to be dropped from the preceding
>>> patch, since I've already merged and edited in a private branch.
>> best to drop the sentence that was garbled. I'll double check it once it
>> appears in a public branch.
> Done. And now the changes are published in Git.
thanks, looks good, I'd add this tiny change to be explicit rather than implicit.
>From 4d8d8552aaf67f56278d1d8b90c88e531bfd111e Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Marko Myllynen <email@example.com>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 18:11:55 +0300
Subject: [PATCH] locale.5: minor NOTES clarification
man5/locale.5 | 16 ++++++++++++----
1 files changed, 12 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)
diff --git a/man5/locale.5 b/man5/locale.5
index d762858..572833d 100644
@@ -1079,10 +1079,12 @@ Usual default path for locale definition files.
POSIX.2, ISO/IEC TR 14652.
The collective GNU C library community wisdom regarding
+.IR abday ,
.IR day ,
.IR week ,
+.IR first_weekday ,
@@ -1090,13 +1092,17 @@ the following:
The value of the second
list item specifies the base of the
specifies the offset of the first day-of-week in the
For compatibility reasons, all glibc locales should set the value of the
@@ -1104,8 +1110,10 @@ second
list item to
(Sunday) and base the
-list appropriately, and set
+lists appropriately, and set