This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH 1/2] Only support ifunc in nptl/pt-vfork.c
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at twiddle dot net>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 23 May 2014 19:33:11 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/2] Only support ifunc in nptl/pt-vfork.c
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1400886936-16338-1-git-send-email-rth at twiddle dot net> <1400886936-16338-2-git-send-email-rth at twiddle dot net> <20140524021344 dot E516E2C3B51 at topped-with-meat dot com> <53800396 dot 70703 at twiddle dot net>
> ... someone could make an informed decision to share the code via
> #include <sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/aarch64/pt-vfork.c>
> instead of having it in the nptl/pt-vfork.c where a port could get in trouble
> by default.
Agreed. That seems simpler than more internal flag macros. I don't know
why I didn't think of that. Make sure the longer comment in pt-vfork.c
that one sees for the !HAVE_IFUNC #error suggests this explicitly.