This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] ARM: Fix handling of concurrent TLS descriptor resolution
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Will Newton <will dot newton at linaro dot org>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 23 May 2014 15:26:26 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] ARM: Fix handling of concurrent TLS descriptor resolution
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1400858237-4516-1-git-send-email-will dot newton at linaro dot org>
On Fri, 23 May 2014, Will Newton wrote:
> The current code for handling concurrent resolution says that the
> ABI for _dl_tlsdesc_resolve_hold is the same as that of
> _dl_tlsdesc_lazy_resolver. However _dl_tlsdesc_resolve_hold is
> called from the trampoline directly rather than the lazy resolver
> stub so, for example, r2 has not been pushed so does not needed
> to be restored.
> This fixes an intermittent failure in nptl/tst-tls3 when building
> glibc for arm-linux-gnueabihf with -mtls-dialect=gnu2.
> 2014-05-23 Will Newton <email@example.com>
> * sysdeps/arm/dl-tlsdesc.S (_dl_tlsdesc_resolve_hold): Save
> and restore r2 rather than just restoring.
OK with a bug filed in Bugzilla (I presume this bug was user-visible in
past releases) and the bug number then duly listed in the ChangeLog entry
and NEWS before the bug is closed.
Joseph S. Myers