This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [RFC][PATCH v2] Add reallocarray function.
- From: Rüdiger Sonderfeld <ruediger at c-plusplus dot de>
- To: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: Paul Eggert <eggert at cs dot ucla dot edu>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 20 May 2014 14:31:57 +0200
- Subject: Re: [RFC][PATCH v2] Add reallocarray function.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5379208F dot 8030000 at cs dot ucla dot edu> <2080621 dot 6fAB4UMNoY at descartes> <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1405191501120 dot 25418 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk>
On Monday 19 May 2014 15:02:52 Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> How has this patch been tested? This function declaration needs
> conditioning on __USE_GNU, as no standard includes this function in
> <stdlib.h>; I'd have expected you to get failures of the conform/ tests
> for stdlib.h when you ran the testsuite.
Yes, I got failures in the conform tests. (I also hit some nptl errors but I
guess they are unrelated). I've added the __USE_GNU check to stdlib.h. I
assume this is not necessary for malloc.h since malloc.h is not a standard
header? I'll send and updated patch to the mailing list.
But I wonder if there is any general interest or objections to adding the
`reallocarray' function to glibc?