This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: FW: [PATCH 2/2] ARM: Improve fenv implementation
- From: Marcus Shawcroft <marcus dot shawcroft at gmail dot com>
- To: Wilco <wdijkstr at arm dot com>
- Cc: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 09:13:08 +0100
- Subject: Re: FW: [PATCH 2/2] ARM: Improve fenv implementation
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <000801cf6ad1$64fd3a60$2ef7af20$ at com> <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1405181411410 dot 4608 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk>
On 18 May 2014 15:14, Joseph S. Myers <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> This breaks the build when VFP isn't enabled at compile-time, because then
> the libc_* functions aren't defined. You need to have the <fenv.h>
> functions conditionally call libc_* functions that always use VFP (and are
> always defined), while those VFP-using functions are only conditionally
> used within the rest of libm. I.e., I think the __SOFTFP__ conditionals
> in fenv_private.h should only control the definitions of libc_* to use
> libc_*_vfp, not the definitions of the libc_*_vfp inlines.
Wilco, I've reverted this patch for you. You will need to re-spin it
(and test it) to address the build issues highlighted by Joseph.
> Joseph S. Myers