This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Remove __ASSUME_ATFCTS conditionals in sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Andreas Schwab <schwab at linux-m68k dot org>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 16 May 2014 21:07:56 +0000
- Subject: Re: Remove __ASSUME_ATFCTS conditionals in sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1405160018410 dot 911 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <87a9ainlsi dot fsf at igel dot home> <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1405162046220 dot 24114 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <87bnuxmo76 dot fsf at igel dot home>
On Fri, 16 May 2014, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> "Joseph S. Myers" <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> > On Fri, 16 May 2014, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> >> "Joseph S. Myers" <email@example.com> writes:
> >> > * sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/dl-fxstatat64.c (__ASSUME_ATFCTS): Do
> >> > not undefine and redefine.
> >> That file can be removed now.
> > No it can't.
> Of course it can. Just remove the obvious reference.
Given the presence of variants of this file in various subdirectories, I
consider it far from obvious that removing one copy plus the Makefile
reference is safe. This patch is meant to contain only obvious changes,
and any doubt should be enough to exclude something from this patch and
leave it to be considered separately if someone wishes to propose it
separately (with proper self-contained rationale for why the further
change is desirable and safe). (I considered including a spurious cast to
int in readlinkat so this patch would be even more conservative and not
change the code generated at all.)
Joseph S. Myers