This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH][SPARC] missing membar in niagara2_memcpy
- From: David Miller <davem at davemloft dot net>
- To: jose dot marchesi at oracle dot com
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 12:55:21 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][SPARC] missing membar in niagara2_memcpy
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <87k39n6mtn dot fsf at oracle dot com>
From: email@example.com (Jose E. Marchesi)
Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 18:14:44 +0200
> The following patch prevents stores made before calling memcpy to
> overlap with the block stores in niagara2_memcpy.
> Tested on an Athena machine (sparc64x) running sparc64-*-linux-gnu.
> No new warnings triggered by the patch.
> No regressions detected.
Does it really fix anything?
Are these crashes or data corruptions or thread data visibilty issues
that you've seen in practice and are cured by this change?
The member is extremely expensive and I avoided it intentionally.