This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
why does rwlock prefer readers by default?
- From: Torvald Riegel <triegel at redhat dot com>
- To: GLIBC Devel <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 07 May 2014 12:33:51 +0200
- Subject: why does rwlock prefer readers by default?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
POSIX makes it an implementation-defined choice whether readers or
writers are preferred. Our current implementation's default is that
readers are to be preferred. I couldn't find the rationale for this;
does anybody know what it was?
Otherwise, if this was an arbitrary choice, what do you all think the
default should be? Can we change it? Should we change it to preferring