This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: zonefile changes and long running processes.
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- To: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Paul Eggert <eggert at cs dot ucla dot edu>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 2 May 2014 12:24:01 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: zonefile changes and long running processes.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <53632771 dot 9080903 at redhat dot com> <53632B7C dot 9040201 at cs dot ucla dot edu> <53633734 dot 5010406 at redhat dot com> <53633965 dot 3010606 at cs dot ucla dot edu> <53633D96 dot 6070306 at redhat dot com>
> So the zonefile changing won't get noticed until you call tzset
> again and it's always the applications responsibility to do so?
Yes. That has always been the glibc position on this.
I don't know about the multi-thread case vs tzset, however.