This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: zonefile changes and long running processes.
- From: Paul Eggert <eggert at cs dot ucla dot edu>
- To: Carlos O'Donell <carlos at redhat dot com>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 01 May 2014 23:21:25 -0700
- Subject: Re: zonefile changes and long running processes.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <53632771 dot 9080903 at redhat dot com> <53632B7C dot 9040201 at cs dot ucla dot edu> <53633734 dot 5010406 at redhat dot com>
Carlos O'Donell wrote:
What about the a polling design using tzset?
I'm a bit fuzzy about what that design would be. That being said, won't
having tzset poll be likely to fail in a high-performance application
that uses localtime_r instead of localtime? localtime_r doesn't call tzset.