This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [Patch] Fix ONE_DIRECTION undef warnings.
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- To: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Steve Ellcey <sellcey at mips dot com>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2014 10:56:47 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: [Patch] Fix ONE_DIRECTION undef warnings.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <c087928d-c0a6-4121-8236-84a1a9e59870 at BAMAIL02 dot ba dot imgtec dot org> <20140428174126 dot 18CE02C3A00 at topped-with-meat dot com> <535FFE81 dot 4060104 at redhat dot com> <1398802315 dot 14541 dot 48 dot camel at ubuntu-sellcey> <5360162B dot 90303 at redhat dot com> <1398877703 dot 5201 dot 10 dot camel at ubuntu-sellcey> <5361361F dot 3090304 at redhat dot com>
> I agree that fixing this requires mechanical addition of defining
> ONE_DIRECTION in each converter as part of the API contract with
> using the skeleton.c file. This is core cleanup work that will bear
It may be an indication the the "macro API" needs some more substantial
cleanup that makes it possible for the users of the API (definers of the
macros) to be less duplicative of each other.