This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] ARM: Fix R_ARM_IRELATIVE RELA relocations
- From: Will Newton <will dot newton at linaro dot org>
- To: Julian Brown <julian at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2014 16:50:09 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] ARM: Fix R_ARM_IRELATIVE RELA relocations
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140430162520 dot 7d7eb209 at octopus>
On 30 April 2014 16:25, Julian Brown <email@example.com> wrote:
> This patch fixes what I believe to be a bug in the handling of
> R_ARM_IRELATIVE RELA relocations. At present, these are handled the
> same as REL relocations: i.e. the addend is loaded from the relocation
> address. Most of the time this isn't a problem because RELA relocations
> aren't used on ARM (GNU/Linux at least) anyway, but it causes problems
> with prelink, which uses RELA on all targets for its conflict table.
> (Support for ifunc prelinking requires a prelink patch, not yet posted.)
> Anyway, this patch works, though I'm not 100% sure if it is correct: I
> notice that this code path received attention last year:
> I'm not sure under what circumstances that patch would have had an
> effect, nor if my patch conflicts with that case.
I can't really explain what's happened there, I must have found that
issue by reading the code rather than running it. Very odd. Your patch
looks correct however.
Toolchain Working Group, Linaro