This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] PowerPC: Suppress unnecessary FPSCR write
- From: Adhemerval Zanella <azanella at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- To: Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh at redhat dot com>
- Cc: "GNU C. Library" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 09:48:07 -0300
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] PowerPC: Suppress unnecessary FPSCR write
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <535ECAA9 dot 4080800 at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com> <20140429040704 dot GQ10922 at spoyarek dot pnq dot redhat dot com>
On 29-04-2014 01:07, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 06:39:53PM -0300, Adhemerval Zanella wrote:
>> This patch optimizes the FPSCR update on exception and rounding change
>> functions by just updating its value if new value if different from
>> current one. It also optimizes fedisableexcept and feenableexcept by
>> removing an unecessary FPSCR read.
>> Tested on powerpc32, powerpc64, and powerpc64le.
> Looks good to me with those changes.
Thanks for the review, I have pushed as 18f2945ae9216cfcd53a162080a73e3d719de9e6
(I screw up and ending add dc041bd4dbaf0f22b962647e0d0a1b8090d0e679 as well because
forgot to rebase...).