This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH v2][BZ 16852] Do not clobber recvmmsg argument.
- From: David Miller <davem at davemloft dot net>
- To: neleai at seznam dot cz
- Cc: schwab at linux-m68k dot org, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 13:01:22 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v2][BZ 16852] Do not clobber recvmmsg argument.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140428152937 dot GA1736 at domone dot podge> <87mwf5zcl3 dot fsf at igel dot home> <20140428160420 dot GA23142 at domone dot podge>
From: Ondřej Bílka <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 18:04:20 +0200
> * sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/recvmmsg.c (recvmmsg): Do not clobber
> timeout argument.
It is extremely unfortunate if we've defined this argument as const,
now you are making it so that the user has no mechanism to get the
updated timeval other than to define their own syscall stubs.
This is doubly unfortunately since there is absolutely no reason for
us to have defined the interface different from what the kernel